Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Spirits of 2013

We (usually) host Christmas dinner. I don't mind. Logistically, its easier for my mother in law, my brother in law and the brother in laws partner to travel out to us than it is for the Infoxicated Man, myself and the three girls to travel in to Sydney for a meal (and the respective faffing around).
Of course, since its the in laws, I require alcohol. It honestly does help to be drunk.
Each year, I search for a new, summer-y cocktail. This year, I found one with watermelon, Cointreau and rose wine (you could also use moscato rosa, a slightly more sparkling wine)
And here it is, and the variation, after the kids scoffed all the watermelon...


  • 3 cubes watermelon, frozen
  • 20mL (just over half a shot) Cointreau
  • rose wine
  • champagne flute



  1. Place watermelon in the champagne flute
  2. pour over the Cointreau
  3. top with rose, and serve

Of course, as I said above, the kids ate all the (frozen) watermelon, so I needed to find something else...
And I did.
I have frozen raspberries from Christmas desserts.
They work really well, though they defrost much too quickly

No comments: