Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chocolate porridge

Have I ever mentioned that I love chocolate? I mean, my kids love it more, but chocolate is one of the 5 essential food groups in my house (along with cheese, pasta, sausages and chicken... I can make an unbelievable amount of foods with cheese, pasta, sausages and chicken, with one or two other ingredients). But this. This is a recipe I threw together one morning because Goose (the 9 year old) decided she didn't like porridge. Apparently, the oats have little to no flavour. So here it is.


  • 1 mug instant oats
  • 1 heaped tablespoon caster sugar
  • 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder (as dark as you can get it)
  • 2 mugs milk
  1. Stir all the ingredients together in a large microwave-able jug.
  2. Mix in the milk.
  3. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir.
  4. Microwave for a further minute, stir.
  5. Divide into 4 bowls, serve with cream or milk as preferred.

No comments: