Saturday, October 22, 2011

A lazy Saturday...

A few weeks back, I put down some limoncello starter. That is, I bought vodka and a few lemons, peeled the lemons and soaked them in the vodka (seriously, a jar filled with peels and vodka just covering it) for 4 or so weeks. Today, I finished making it, as per my mandarincello recipe. And just in time - I'm almost out of cider ;)

But, while I was at it, I figured I may as well make some creamed rice. My friend, Julia sent me the Donna Hay recipe, which I've since adapted slightly. So, here's my version.



  • 1 cup arborio rice
  • 4 cups full cream milk
  • 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste



  1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan.
  2. Bring to boil
  3. Reduce to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally 
Enjoy hot or cold

No comments: