Monday, June 13, 2011

Chocolate spoons

I keep seeing chocolate spoon images, so I figured I'd try making some. I looked around for recipes both I and my kids would like, and found nothing all of us would enjoy. So, I decided to play around a bit.


  • Good quality chocolate (I used white, dark and milk)
  • mini patty cases
  • cocoa and caster sugar (for the milk chocolate)
  • zip lock bags
  • any other flavourings you may enjoy and some extra for decoration
  • Plastic spoons
  1. Break the chocolate into small pieces. Place broken chocolate into zip lock bags with the flavourings and seal tightly (I placed 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa and 1 heaped tab of caster sugar with the milk choc, some chopped sugar free ginger and vanilla seeds in the white choc, and some crushed peppermint lollies in the dark choc)
  2. Place sealed bags in a large heat proof bowl, and pour over boiling water
  3. When melted, snip a corner off the bag, and pipe into the mini patty cases
  4. decorate as appropriate (mini marshmallows, crushed up caramels)
  5. Place spoon upright in almost set chocolate.
When the chocolates have set completely, place in an airtight container.
To use, pour boiling milk over the chocolate spoons, and stir vigourously.

No comments: