See, the InfoxicatedMan has recently started a job where he will be spending a fair bit of time away from home. Including overnights. And he gets up fairly early each morning, too - He has to be at work before 7, so he leaves home at around 6.
And that got me thinking. Normally, he makes a coffee and has that and a cigarette for breakfast. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon snack tend to be one-hand food, too. Last night, the request was made for chicken legs for lunch. (I baked them as I was making beef stroganoff.) I also thought to ask, what if I could find a recipe for a simple, nutritious, protein rich breakfast. Would he eat it?
So, I went looking. And found egg muffins.
But, being me, I thought I'd change it slightly.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 150mL cream
- 100g cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F)
- Chop spinach roughly, removing the stalk
- Rinse well
- Wilt in heavy based pan with lid. Remove from pan, and allow to cool
- Beat cream until soft ribbons form
- Chop cooled spinach, and add to eggs. Mix thoroughly
- Stir in cottage cheese
- Fold in cream
- Cook in greased cupcake tins for approximately 15 minutes, or until no longer wobbly
- Allow to cool to room temp, and place in a container