Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chicken in pyjamas

Tonight was lazy-cook night, so I made my version of chicken parmigiana.
Since it isn't the traditional meal, I don't call it chicken parmigiana. That, and the kids love the sound of "chicken in pyjamas". It sounds much more fun, food wise.
So, as I said, its my version, so I cheat a little.

  • 2 chicken burger patties per person, or one chicken breast schnitzel per person
  • 1 large jar of taco sauce per 10 patties (5 schnitzels), or a jar of pre made tomato salsa.
  • 1 slice of cheese, or a generous pinch of grated cheese, per patty
  1. Precook the chicken. You can shallow fry it, or deep fry it. Either way, make sure it is cooked.
  2. Place each piece of chicken on a tray (as many on there as you can fit. You can generally fit 9-ish chicken patties on a biscuit tray)
  3. Place a few tablespoons of the sauce/salsa in the middle of the chicken.
  4. Put enough cheese on the chicken to make sure it's covered.
  5. Cook in pre-heated oven, on moderate heat (180C or 150F) for around 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown

I served this with blanched mange tout for the kids, and got told yet again that I'm the best cook in the world.
*grin*
I know they're fibbing, but I love them for it anyways.

No comments: