I use sugar because I prefer the taste to that of honey, or any other sweetened syrup.
This recipe is made per person, so you need to multiply it out for more.
Do not boil this, as it will make the tea bitter.
- 1 teaspoon loose leaf tea and one extra
- 2 cloves
- 2 cm cinnamon scroll
- 3 cardamom pods, cracked open
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (round)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- Add all ingredients except milk to saucepan, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add milk, and bring back to boil, simmering for a further 3 minutes.
Strain into cups and enjoy