Thursday, July 23, 2009

Roast chicken with chorizo

So, today is my 30-somethingth birthday.
I'm making my own dinner tonight, and its made with 3 things I really love. Chicken, chorizo, and mash.
I've taken this recipe, and altered it slightly... no marjoram, canola instead of olive oil, and real sides.

Here's my take...

Slice up the chorizo, and place under the skin as in the other recipe.
Place in the baking tray, drizzle with the oil as in the other recipe.
Sprinkle well with fresh thyme.
Bake for the 1 hr, 15 minutes.

While the chickens are roasting, peel 6 medium to large potatoes. Cut into 1 inch cubes. cook until tender. Mash with plenty of yellow heart attack butter, and cheese. Stir through some chorizo, which you have fried off, diced, and drained well.
Serve the chicken on a bed of mash, and some blanched greens.




EDIT: It was a bit dry. Next time, I think I'll make a butter from paprika, garlic, and chili. That might be a good substitute for the chorizo, with the right flavours, but more moisture

No comments: